Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Painted Acorns {Fall Decor}

I am a little behind on my fall decorations and now I am running the risk of being behind on the Halloween ones too!  Where does the time go?  To help catch me up a little, I made a quick and easy (but totally cute) fall craft:




These are easy to make and only take a few minutes (plus dry time.)

1. Pick out a few of your favorite colors and an accent color for the tops.
2. Paint!

You can either paint it all together or pop the top of the acorn off and glue it back on when everything is dried.  The latter option makes for a crisper line between the colors but the former option is a little faster.


I love these colors together!  The tops are all painted with metallic gold.

You can display these acorns in a variety of ways.  I chose to put them inside of a glass goblet filled with thick jute twine.  I love the mix of detailed glass with rustic jute!


What colors would you choose? I hope that this has helped you get started on that fall decorating if you are anything like me!


Happy Crafting,
Kelsie Ann

2 comments: