Thursday, October 18, 2012

Fall Pillow

Hello! Hello!  Happy Thursday everyone!  Today is a good day because my husband is off work for Fall Break (yippee!)  I love the fall and it is certanly in the air around here.  One of our trees outside has already turned entirely red and it is BEAUTIFUL!

 
{The tree on the right is just across the driveway from the one on the left.  Isn't it neat seeing the leaves actually changing from green to red?}

Now that we are all in a festive fall mood, let me share with you a fall pillow that I made:


I'll be honest, I actually made this pillow ages ago (sorry, no tutorial) but I can tell you how I made it.  It's simple really:

{How to Make it}
1. Gather desired fabrics.  I used three (the striped, the white and the brown used for the tree).
2. Sew the contrasting fabric pieces together, resulting in a "front" and a "back" of a pillow.  Keep separate for now.
3. Cut out a fall-looking tree.  This was made before I had my Silhouette cutting machine, so I just drew the image myself.
4. Attach the tree to the fabric.  Fabric glue should work just fine, but if you feel more comfortable sewing it on, go right ahead.
5. Attach ribbon to each piece (front and back), covering where the fabrics join.
6. Apply your message.  This can be embroidered, cut from fabric, whatever you choose.  Want to know a little secret?  Mine was made using a rub-on!  No special kind, just a regular scrapbooking rub-on.  I wouldn't suggest using this if you want to be able to wash the pillow; but it is a great option for wording and if you mess it up, you can just pick it off and start again!
7. Sew the front and back pieces together, leaving one end open.
8. Stuff the pillow and sew it shut!

{I love the bare tree, the colors, the stripes, the message!  All perfect for curling up with a cup of hot cocoa}
  
{Your Turn!}
I hope you have enjoyed this (sort-of) tutorial and are inspired to make your own fall pillow! As always, I love hearing your comments, so don't be shy! Now go off and enjoy this beautiful fall day.

Happy Crafting,
Kelsie Ann
  
LINK LOVE!  Linked up with:  Every Day is an Occasion and D.L Art

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART BCA/ANYTHING GOES Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you & thank you for having the link party! I just found your blog through another link party (someone had linked to both you and them)and it is great! Keep up the good work!

      Kelsie Ann

      Delete