Thursday, September 6, 2012

Mason Jars + Paint = Cute, Cute, Cute!

First things first- I want to apologize for not posting Monday.  In a perfect world I would like to post every Monday and Thursday but sometimes (like this week) that just can't happen.  I am sure none of you noticed, but for future reference that is what I am trying to do.  That being said, expect my next one on Monday.  Aaaanywho...

I have said it before and I will say it again- I have got a LOT of mason jars lying around this house.  I want to start making those "sand art" food mixes and giving them to people, but I seem to be behind on that as well.  Until then, I am using the jars for my own selfish purposes.

Here is what I did today:



All it takes is some paint and an empty jar.  Really... it is that easy.

Flower Jar

I sponged pink paint onto the front of the jar, let it dry, then with a lighter touch- sponged some green paint over it.  These colors don't actually match my kitchen (which is where it sits) but I love how it looks with those blooms sticking out of it!

{I love the way it sits in one corner of the window and sort of reaches to the other side}

{These "blooms" are actually from some sort of wild flower that grows at our house.  I know it is probably considered a "weed" but I just think they are so pretty, especially when arranged like this}

Black & Gold School Mug

Okay, okay.  I was actually intending to make a Halloween jar but my "orange" paint came out looking a little more golden.  Nonetheless, my family LOVES Purdue football (and basketball and everything) and so this became my little "Purdue" jar.

This one was easy and fun to make.  All I did was squirt paint onto the edge of the jar and let it drip down.  Then, when it got to the bottom I swirled it around so that it would mix along the bottom edge.


I thought this jar would be a really cute gift container for a friend that goes to Purdue.  A football jersey fits inside it perfectly:


Then, when they are done with it, they can use the jar to store all those fun "school supplies" on their desk!


So easy but totally cute, right?  
These jars are easy to make and take no time at all (it actually takes longer for the paint to dry than to apply the paint)!  

Would you make these jars for a friend (or yourself!)?  What school colors would you do them in?  {P.S. Although my family loves Purdue, it needs to be said that black & gold were MY school colors too at Manchester College- go Spartans!}  

With Love,
Kelsie Ann

Link Love! This project is linked up to: Every Day is an Occasion

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this informative. Click here for Best research about Custom Foundation in the UK for best branding".

    ReplyDelete

  2. THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 2012
    Mason Jars + Paint = Cute, Cute, Cute!

    ReplyDelete